Fridge in all bedrooms
Tea & Coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
Telephone in all bedrooms
Hairdryer in all bedrooms
Ground floor bedrooms available - call for details
The price includes
Pets accepted (Studio,Barn Door,Croft Only)
Double Room with shower. Ground floor.
Our cosy ‘Studio’ bedroom was once the creative hub of local artist Sheila Bownas, and we are delighted to have recently refurbished the room to celebrate Sheila’s work.
Born on 4th March 1925, Sheila Catherine Bownas was an only child. She lived in Linton-in-Craven, North Yorkshire, where her parents Reg and Minnie owned and ran the village general store.
Displaying a natural talent from an early age and with the encouragement of her art mistress at Skipton Girls’ High School, Sheila secured a junior art scholarship to attend Skipton Art School from 1941 to 1946. She later gained a county art scholarship to attend the prestigious Slade School of Art in London. Here she won several prizes for her work, including the 1948 summer competition for ‘Figures Beneath Trees’ and five of Sheila’s paintings were exhibited at The Royal Academy of Arts.
After graduating in 1950 she pursued a career as a freelance designer, supplying patterns to clients including Liberty and Marks and Spencer, and moved between London and Linton for more than a decade before finally settling in her beloved Dales for the rest of her life. She continued selling designs by post for a further 20 years.
Sheila was at her happiest in Yorkshire. It was here that her natural talent truly flourished as an artist and designer. She continued to paint and draw local life right up until her death in 2007 at the age of 82.
The Studio now incorporates a selection of Sheila’s designs, look out for designs and motifs taken from outside the window and beyond in Linton village!
- In Guest are usually able to check in from 3.00pm. If you require an earlier check in please enquire and we will do our best to oblige.
- Special Requests If you have any requirements during your stay i.e. dietary needs, or special items to be placed in your room be it champagne, chocolates flowers we are happy to help. Please call and chat about your requirements.
- Out Guests are expected to check out by 11.00am
- Bring Your Pooch No extra charge for well behaved dogs!. This room is dog friendly.
- Cancellation Policy If less than 24 hours a 50% charge will be made of the total accommodation bill if less than 6 hours notice the full accommodation amount will be charged.
- Restaurant Bookings We do strongly recommend that you book a table at the time of booking a room. We cannot guarantee a table for late bookings, however we have a lovely bar area and outside terrace when weather permits with the same menu as our dining room. You can not book the bar tables.
- Payment All major Credit Cards taken
- All Rooms Are Strictly Non Smoking If it is found that you have smoked in your room the price charged will be doubled.
Select this accommodation from the list below with your desired dates. Or select another accommodation choice. Select the ‘Availability Calendar’ button to see what rooms are available on a month view.